it just feels like home.
Lexington was established in 1822.
Overlooking the Missouri River, Lexington holds the oldest operational courthouse west of the Mississippi River, rich Civil War history, and over 150 homes and public buildings built before the Civil War.
Today, Lexington is home to over 4,700 people and though still a small town, it boasts a hospital, a quaint historic downtown shopping district, local wineries and orchards, an arts council, several hardware stores, grocery stores, a local library, an events auditorium and even an independent bookstore!
Lexington's small town atmosphere offers safe streets and overflowing hospitality wherever you turn. The town hosts events throughout the year including a community fair, fall festival, various parades, business open houses and other citywide celebrations.
The Chamber of Commerce and other civic groups offer numerous opportunities to get involved in the community.
You'll find Lexington to be a place where time has stood still, yet progressive in its vision for the future.
We invite you to become a part of our Growing Community!
• 6th – Lexington CONNECT, celebrating business & opportunity, vacant building tours
• 3rd – Community Wide Garage Sale
• 3rd – The Lights Festival, Fahrmeier Farms
• 10th – LHA Roaring 20’s Speakeasy at The LEX
• 12-13th - BAM, Bicycle Across Missouri bike ride
• 22nd – Porches & Peaches followed by evening at The LEX. www.peaches.visitlexingtonmo.com
• 8th – MO 340 river race, http://rivermiles.com/mr340/
• 19-20th - Eclipse event at The LEX
• 21st – The Great Eclipse in Lexington
• 21st-26th – Lexington Community Fair
• 9-10th – Old Homes Tour
• 16th – LHA Civil War Ball at Linwood Lawn
• 21st – Apples, Arts & Antiques Auction
• 23rd – Apples, Arts & Antiques
• 15th – Kelly Miller Circus
• 21st – Historic Preservation Day
• 28th – Haunted Cemetery Tour, Boo Bash
• 25th – Small Business Saturday
• 1st – Festival of Lights
• 1st – Old Churches Tour
• 2nd – Christmas Bazaar at LHS 8-3
• 9th – LHA Victorian Christmas at the Elks
Things to Do in Lexington...
Christine Backs, Broker/Owner
Christine & Company Real Estate, LLC • 927 Main Street • Lexington, MO 64067 • 816-661-0754 • email@example.com